So, I tried out the RP scenario generator that everyone is doing. I got this beauty—
Followed by THIS—
…You two had one job…
- “The Time War Doctor? Oh, you mean Paul McGann!”
- “Yes, the Sixth Doctor DOES undeniably have the highest quality serials in general.”
- “You say you liked the episode ‘Dalek’?” *WIDE EYES, LEAN IN, WHISPER: “You should listen to Jubilee. Here, I have it on a thumb drive that I keep in my pocket for just such an occasion.”
- “What’s your favourite Doctor Who episode?” “A Death in the Family. No, wait! Doctor Who and the Pirates. No, no, uh, Natural History of Fear!”
- *nerdy professor voice* “Well, in the books the Eight Doctor made the decision to start counting his age over again fresh beginning with his current regeneration, and even though the books are not technically canon with the audio dramas, he DID spend at east three centuries on Orbis In the EDAs and we can assume there was a fair amount of time between Charley/C’rizz and Lucie based on his behaviour in ‘Blood of the Daleks’. I don’t think that Seven was lying when he said he was nine hundred and fifty three. Nine probably wasn’t lying when he said he was nine hundred either, so it’s fair to assume based on the evidence that the Eight Doctor lived for over eight hundred years!”
- “Peri and Mel are such great characters…”
- “ZAGREUS LIVES INSIDE YOUR HEAD ZAGREUS LIVES AMONG THE DEAD ZAGREUS SEES YOU IN YOUR BED AND EATS YOU WHEN YOU’RE SLEEPING.”
- “Lady President of Gallifrey, Romanadvoratrelundar…”
- “Rory is your favorite character? Can I perhaps interest you in THOMAS HECTOR SCHOFIELD?” “You like River? Let me tell you about BENNY SUMMERFIELD…”
- “Apropos of nothing, let’s talk about Fitz Kreiner, Evelyn Smythe and Erimemushinteperem.”
- “I can’t wait till Big Finish gets the rights for Martha/River/Eleven/Other Character who was served badly by sloppy new!Who narrative choices!”
- Clara: So I may have accidentally invented a boyfriend.
The Doctor: Yeah, I did that once and there’s no easy way to get rid of an android.
"SHALKA DOCTOR IS CANON!??!?!?!???!!?? AHHHH!!!!"
- “My favourite new!Who Companion? Definitely Lucie Miller.”
- The Doctor’s brother, Irving Braxiatel, whom he grew up alongside in House Lungbarrow…”
- “LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS LOOMS”
So excited for new Gallifrey audios!
(*sounds of explosion* in russian)
So let me get this straight. We’re essentially getting the CIA spinoff the Gallifandom pined for, but with the additions of Ace as part of the CIA, Omega, and Lady Trey as actual proper current-timeline Romana?
Then we’ve got Lalla and Louise in The Worlds Of Doctor Who, Narvin in Dark Eyes 3, Damaged Goods giving us the possibility that if they did another CIA-based Gallifrey release they could include Cwej… It’s a good time to be a Gallifrey fan.
I hope the cast and writers see every single one of these posts so that they know exactly how cool they are and eXACTLY HOW EXCITING THIS ALL IS BECAUSE OH. MY GOODNESS YAY FSJDKAHS
Doing the “technically that character has brown hair, probably, but it looked red in a certain light that one time so that’s what I’m gonna go with” thing since 2011. Or really me wanting to draw Ushas again
Narvin: What’s this — you’re offering me something?
Braxiatel: Only my hand.
Andred: It’s a human custom. You say “how do you do” and clasp hands. A symbol of trust and friendship, apparently.
Narvin: How uplifting.
- Gallifrey, 2.3 Pandora
Team Tardis: Mutual AnimosityThe Fifth Doctor and his companions are basically a group of grumpy hormonal teenagers who have little to nothing in common with each other and all dislike each other, yet are forced to live and travel together through no choice of their own, and that is why a sitcom about their daily life would be the best thing ever.
On the planet Cantus, a human colony previously invaded by Cybermen, Benny and Jason make a disturbing discovery.
(For bathtubbutterbeer, because I was telling her about this this morning and thought she might want to actually hear it.)
Thank you for reminding me why I find this series so horrifying sometimes…
NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.
THIS IS 10000% NOT OK.
This is why we can’t have nice things, Big Finish.
I can say with 90% certainty that “A Death in the Family” fucked me up more than any other piece of Doctor Who media I have ever consumed.